Community Server 2.1 Now Available
Published Wednesday, August 09, 2006 4:50 PM by rhoward
We’re please to announce the immediate availability of Community Server version
If you are running ASP.NET version 1.1:
- Download Now - Community Server 2.1, Windows Install (MSI) for ASP.NET 1.1
- Download Now - Community Server 2.1, Web Install for ASP.NET 1.1
If you are running ASP.NET version 2.0:
- Download Now - Community Server 2.1, Windows Install (MSI) for ASP.NET 2.0
- Download Now - Community Server 2.1, Web Install for ASP.NET 2.0
In addition to bug fixes Community Server 2.1 contains some great new features
and enhancements, some of which are listed below:
Improvements to existing Features
- New blogs skins – some professionally design blog skins to help make your
- Improved Editor – simple to use WYSIWYG editor.
- Improved blog authoring experience – simplified workflow for creating, editing,
and saving posts.
- Improved comment editing/management tools for blogs – designed to help you
edit and manage a large number of comments quickly.
- Better SPAM Protection – changes to the built-in spam rules to more effectively
deal with spam.
- New reports – new reports for a variety of statistics maintained by the
Community Server database.
- Per-post answer status –allows users to track answer status on a per-post
level for forum posts.
- Better fixed-width support – design changes to enable better support for
fixed width sites.
- Tags – ability to add free form tags to content and then use tag clouds
and other tools to filter content.
- Content Mirroring – ability to configure a blog to be subscribed to one
or more external RSS sources bringing that content into the site for visitors
and making the content searchable.
- Post Relevance sorting – allows site owners to use new post relevance algorithm
(optional) for blog aggregation page. This feature allows popular content to
stay “above the fold” longer.
- Invitations – ability to configure site so that only invited users can join
- Badges – members of the site each receive a community badge that can easily
be displayed in a variety of locations, such as external blogs.
- Feedburner / external RSS support – easily use tools, such as Feedburner,
for sharing your RSS feeds on blogs.
- Runs in Medium Trust – better support for hosting organizations that want
to run ASP.NET applications in a reduced trust level.
We are also going to include the source code for both the File Gallery and the
Reader in the SDK with the CS 2.1 release as well.
To help celebrate this release all commercial Editions and add-ons for Community
Server (sold by Telligent) will be available starting August 10th at a 20% discount
(for a limited time).
Please visit our store to take advantage of these offers:
Thanks and enjoy Community Server 2.1!
P.S., the SDK will be released shortly too.