« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2005, 08:05:09 PM »masterchief
No blasting today ibnkuldun, out of dynamite
There are two steps. One is moving SEF to a mambot format so that they are a pluggable feature. That will be available in version 1.1 (due next month).
The other issue is more core support for SEF bots which will be done progressively over 1.1 and 1.2. The difficulty is that we need to re-engineer some things to make usable by any component. We have a few ideas on how to do this though.
And Jinx rightly points out the difference between SEF and SEO
« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2005, 08:04:05 PM »Jinx
SEF = search friendly url's
SEO = search engine optimisation
SEF is part of SEO.
Reply #130 Omitted
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2005, 02:36:36 PM »Jinx
A bit confusion, having a hard time figuring it out myself . Anyway
here is the deal. We are currently moving so fast that our teams just can't follow.
Basically we planned SEF changes for 1.2., but since we where implementing SSL and
we could use the same system to change SEF we did so.
Basically this means that SEF has been moved to a system bot, making it very flexible. If u don't like native SEF u will now be able to create a new SEF bot or u can use Marko advanced SEF soution which he will be releasing as a SEF bot soon.
In 1.2, we will improve SEF handling, this will go hand in hand with improvements in the content structuring
I will inform the PI team to update the roadmap accordingly, thanks for bringing it up !
Reply #128 Omitted
Reply #127 Omitted
Reply #126 Omitted
Reply #125 Omitted
Reply #124 Omitted
Reply #123 Omitted
Reply #122 Omitted
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2005, 02:39:19 PM »malibu
Quote from: masterchief on September 24, 2005, 06:34:42 PM
Timeframe? Many of the dev's are going to be talking about
this in the next few weeks. We have a long list of things to try and "slip
into" Joomla! 1.1. SEF, ACL, JoomFish, U&A and so on are all on the table.
How much we include needs to be balanced by how much tolerance we feel the community
has to wait for the new version. Do we rush 1.1 in it's current state (not
recommended) or do we have some breathing space with 1.0 and allow it to bed in
(lest we get the crys "A new version! I just upgraded to this one!")?
Personally I would hope we can bump forward stage 1 ACL, provide some pain relief in the area of SEF url's, improve U&A standards, fully integrate JoomFish out of the box, have the installers use ftp...the list goes on. That's a tall order eh Let's see what we can pack in before Jan 06.