Version 2.2.1, Tuesday, March 29, 2005:
- Changes necessary for the release of the new source code add-ons
- Restructured source code project files
- Renamed DozingDogs_DefaultButtons.dll
- Misc changes
- Fixed problem with UpdateTo220 SQL Script
- Removed reference to image on www.ourroswell.net in default content!
Version 2.2, Monday, March 21, 2005
- New misc functionality
- New "Getting Started" documentation installed with the CMS
- New AdminMenu user control shows common management tasks, shown by default
at top of screen to signed-in users
- New ContentAdmin user control displays content and allows sorting, filtering,
paging and performing actions to all selected content
- MemberPages and ViewProfile both now use the new ContentAdmin user control
- New SnippetPencilClass property on DBSnippet user control to specify
where to draw the pencil icon
- Optimized databinding code in line with Microsoft recommendations, with
changes to many pages and user controls
- Added new StartDate and EndDate properties to DBBlog, and supported
these as querystring parameters to ViewPage.aspx
- New content tokens: MemberEmail, ContentOwnerEmail and URLMemberEmail
- New DateFormat property for Date user control allows you to specify
the date format
- All admin panels/messages can be deleted from DBPage user control now
to make a simpler admin UI if required
- Categories are now site-specific, rather than shared across sites that
share the same database
- Categories and Sites table modified
- GetCategoryKeywords and GetCategoryTree stored procedures modified
- Existing sites will still work with altered database, so all sites
do not have to be updated at once
- "No category specified" warning in DBPage is hidden if there are
no categories specified
- Fixed misc issues
- Sometimes URL's appeared like http://www.mysite.com//hello with two
- Added missing content "BasicImageUse" that is linked from EditPage.aspx
- Stored procedure RemoveDateFromPage failed when converting a blog entry
into an article
- Content page views were incremented 2x too often when used as snippets
- Old default value for sCategories in DozingDogs_Users table was fixed
- Support for RSS 2.0 for blog feeds - the new default when using /rss
is now 2.0
- /rss, /rss2 and /rss20 all output RSS 2.0
- /rss1 and /rss10 output the same RSS 1.0 that used to be the default
- /rss.xml has been superceded by /rssxml (no period)
- HTML email now uses default.css stylesheet to mimic the web site style
- New methods and stored procedures to allow sending of email to new members
and customers after x days
- A few emails that used the signature needed a linefeed adding before
- Improved HTML emails when very little text entered - no more multiple
- Improved email exception handler
- New membership roles:
- ChangeCoverage ('c') specifies that the user can specify content coverage
- ApproveContent ('v') specifies that the user can approve content
Version 2.1.1, Monday, February 07, 2005
- Improvements to our installation program:
- The program is now Authenticode-signed for your protection
- The configuration wizard can now be told to ignore Full-Text Indexing
- Problem fixed when connecting to database with Windows authentication
- Restricted access to Picture Gallery upload and delete functions by user
with SaveDisabled role
- Updated components
- New version of aspNetMX assembly to fix a problem with running on locked-down
- New version of RichTextBox - see release notes
- Changes to the default content installed into your database:
- The following content was missing: MemberInfo, NoEmailAddress, ConfirmedMember
- MemberLogout4 contained unwanted paragraph tags
- New email content added:
- For new members: NewMemberEmailHeader, NewMemberEmailFooter, NewBusinessMemberEmail,
NewGroupMemberEmail, NewPersonalMemberEmail, NewMemberChangeEmail
- Compiling the Enterprise Edition source code now requires less manual setup
- Removed setting of page title in default.aspx - if keeping your file make
sure to add Title tag inside DOGS:MPContainer
- Improvements to red-border around snippets - now your content will not "jump"!
See "The Red Border Debate"
- Membership-related emails now use content stored in database rather than
being hard-coded into application. This means that you have complete control
over all emails sent to new users by the CMS.
- Side-effect: The EmailSignature setting in web.config now uses HTML
If updating an existing installation you will need to change \n to <br>
and remove leading \n\n
For example, if you have this: "\n\nYours sincerely,\nMy Company Customer
..replace it with this to get the same results: "Yours sincerely,<br>My
Company Customer Service"
- You can now control which external hyperlinks are redirected through the
- Two new tags can be added to your content [membersonly] and [confirmedmembersonly]
- Thanks to Steve Schofield the CMS will now run from a virtual folder under
your domain name, i.e. testcms.mydomain.com/subfolder
- More testing on foreign server operating systems showed up a few problems
which are now fixed
- URL's containing # are now supported - previously the URL would stop at
- Admin/SendNewsletter page will send emails to your subscribers
- Existing users need to add a new stored procedure: Get our sql update
Version 2.1, Thursday, January 13, 2005
- Complete online database administration using the best-in-the-business 1clickdb
- Many improvements to database to work better with other products
- Installation program asks for database name now, DozingDogs is the default
- Installation program allows you to specify the owner of database obects
- All database objects are now prefixed with a string (default is "DozingDogs_")
defined during installation. This allows you to share a database with other
- New web.config setting "DBObjectPrefix" defines the prefix
- The number of assemblies has been reduced and some renamed. All are now
prefixed with "DozingDogs_".
- This means that all aspx/ascx pages that reference Assembly="MasterPages"
must change to Assembly="DozingDogs_MasterPages"
- Content tags improved, especially [include]. Tags are expanded recursively
now, allowing you to fill in one tag with the results of another. For example,
[include:[params:0]] is very useful!
- Deleted obsolete FindCategory user control. The more useful FindCategoryBox
and FindCategoryPage remain.
- You can now pass the email subject into Contact.aspx, e.g. "contact.aspx?subject=Just
- The diagnostics page now shows the current versions of our major assemblies,
plus your license file status
- Fixed typos in the obscenity warning email sent to Site Editors when possibly
obscene content created
- DBSnippet altered subtly to hide class= from users that do not have editing
- Improved ServerTest page so that it works "out of the box"
- Moved common code from MostPopular.ascx.cs to Content.GetPopularListings()
- aspNetEmail improvements
- logging supported with new setting in web.config; "MailLogging"
- ability to use SMTP mail server without authentication
- New RichTextBox 2.5 component with many enhancements, including Mozilla
- License expiration date was interpreted incorrectly on non-US computers
Version 2.0.3, Monday, December 06, 2004
- Fixed bug in Category triggers that calculated level and heirarchy incorrectly
- Removed RawURL and OnlineURL from SiteInfo class
- IMPORTANT: For those of you with existing web sites, there are references
to these methods in the following files that must be modified (or use the
current shipped files): Diagnostics.aspx, InternalError.aspx, UserControls/MasterBasic.ascx.
Change RawURL to SiteURL and delete the line referencing OnlineURL.
- ViewProfile, MemberPages, MemberEvents and LocalSites all suffer from a
bug that adds an extra // into the page URL's.
- Added sSummary to BlogEntry.ascx
- Improvements to handle site access by more combinations of IP and sub-domain
- New web.config boolean setting "SubFolderOnIP"
Version 2.0.2, Tuesday, November 23, 2004
- new role SaveDisabled stops member from saving or deleting content
- bad link in MembershipFull user control when membership not confirmed
- missing page ConfirmMembership
- Content editing
- now allows site editors to add <script> blocks to content
- check against reserved folders failed when relatively short page names
- Changed all uses of Here.PrettyURL (e.g. dozingdogs.com) to Here.SiteName
(e.g. Dozing Dogs). An example of this would be the subject of the newsletter.
It used to be "dozingdogs.com newsletter" and now it is "Dozing Dogs newsletter"
- Upgraded to aspNetEmail v3.1